Click Here To add a name
The most frequent question we get on this website is how do I join or how do I get my son/Daughter in.
The waiting list is done in the following order
- Members progressing from one section to the next
- Children of Active Adult leaders
- Transfers from another scout group
- People on the waiting list that are the correct age. For example, a child should be 6 , 9, 12 going into beavers, cubs and scouts respectively
- People on the waiting list that are close to the correct age. For example, a child should be 7 , 10, 12+ going into beavers, cubs and scouts respectively
If there is a significant gender imbalance in the section we will take either boys or girls from the waiting list until it is corrected.
The number of members taken into each section depends on many factors mainly:
- The number of leaders active in the section.
- The number of members that will be moving up to the next section.
- The hall size.
Here is a list of what year your child might get it at if there is availability at the time.
Age Section Waiting List
1 Beaver 2022 2 Beaver 2021 3 Beaver 2020 4 Beaver 2019 5 Beaver 2018 5 Cub 2021 6 Beaver 2017 - this section is already full 6 Cub 2020 7 Cub 2019 8 Cub 2018 9 Cub 2017 - this section is already full 10 Scout 2019 11 Scout 2019 12 Scout 2017 13 Scout 2017 14 Scout 2017
Beavers take in about 10 members
Fewer members are taken off the waiting list into cubs and scouts as there are beavers and cubs moving up.
We have opened a second scout section we will have much more available for new members in that section.
Unfortunately is possible for someone to be on the list a long time. It might look like some people are skipped due to the section being full the year they were 6. For example, a parent registers there 5 year old who is expecting to join in 2018. Unfortunately, there are only 7 spaces that year and they are the 9th person on the list order by date added. For that year, their name will still be on the beaver list in case someone drops out. There name is then put on the cub waiting list so you won’t get a call until 2021 unless: a new section opens, the waiting list for 6yo is complete so beaver will look at the 7yo. again if they don’t get into cubs the same thing happens with the scout waiting list.
Ideally, we would open more sections and be able to take in lots more members but that will require adults to help out.
Most section takes in new members in September but will replace members that have left during the year.
There is no waiting list for the venture section. Please fill out the Joining form and we will get back to you